Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Traffic Light - Stop and Go!

Beep Beep, STOP! now, GO! Cars and Transportation is always a fun and easy theme with the kiddos in storytime. They spend so much time in the car it's a theme that really resonates with them, LOL! I have posted my file folder rhyme HERE and there are many fun flannel sets on the Flannel Friday Pinterest boards. I found this one at Libraryland and wanted to make a set for our kiddos...of course, I added lots of glitter to mine. I made my own glitter felt with white glue, a layer of glitter, and then another layer of glue. I let each piece dry before I added the second layer of glue. Now, the glitter doesn't continually shed as I handle the pieces!  Here is a link for the printable rhyme, 'The Crazy Traffic Light' We also did a fun active rhyme with just the regular three colors...'Green Says Go' from Leah @Toddler Storytime: Stories, Songs and Rhymes.
We offered an easy Home Extension too. We cut 4 in. by 9 in. strips of black construction paper and put a point at one end. We had sheets of large circle stickers that we cut into strips with 3 circles for each child. The kiddos color the circles and stick them on the black strip to make their own traffic light.  Transportation and traffic lights are a lot of Fun with Friends at Storytime! There are other ideas this week @ Flannel Friday Roundup. Check out the wonderful resources on the Flannel Friday Pinterest Boards. Here's the link for the official Flannel Friday blog for more info! 

No comments :

Post a Comment